Thursday, December 18, 2008

Help! I've Been Tagged

I have a very dear friend who is the "Organising Queen", I mean she is serious about it. As a matter of fact, I wish I knew how she did it. More importantly, I wish I was as talented as she is and it has given me the incentive to strive harder for 2009.

In August, there was a group of us who took a month long challenge to De-clutter every day for 30 days. At the end of those 30 days, I was amazed at how relieved I started feeling. We all know how that is, things pile up, we get overwhelmed, and life then becomes total chaos.

It appears that those of us who work full time and operate our own business after 5 and juggle a family, seem to know just how fast everything can become cluttered, overwhelming, and quite frankly, TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL.

Marcia hosts a Friday De-clutter Challenge every week, unfortunately, she tagged me when I was not looking. Therefore, I am over a week late to accepting her challenge but I gladly do.

On a personal note, Marcia, although I have been busy and not keeping up with my weekly reading of the blog, I am proud to share that I have de-cluttered the following over the last several weeks. You see, I have gone back and reviewed all of my material from your ECourses and I am very glad that I took your Course, it is more than worth it's weight in gold to me.

Now for the drum roll........

3,251 emails - DELETED
Computer is now being backed up once a week to a separate drive - OH YEAH
Pictures are being ORGANIZED so that I can find them and I have started to take them to get them printed.
I have un-subscribed to MANY newsletters some successfully, others may have to be reported.
Plus, I have made room for 3 additional household members.

So, my dear friend, I am late to the game but I am working away very hard at all of it thanks to you and all of the support and encouragement you give me.

Now, I get to tag 3 people.....or should I tag more????

So, I am going to tag some people who are very dear to me and have also challenged me in ways that I am grateful for.

Etienne A. Gibbs
Lisa Ann Bonfiglio
Mike Malachefski
Paul Flood
Chef Clive Berkman

May everyone have a wonder Christmas and a great start to the new year!

Touching lives, one minute, one day, one flame at a time.....

Ria

2 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Ria, I am SO, SO proud of you - you did a GREAT job!

That is such a beautiful testimonial - please may I put it on the website with a link back to yours or your blog?

Unknown said...

Congrats on the declutter isn't it such a way thing
Happy Holiday
Smiles

Ria Wallace's Expert Author Email Alerts
Sign up to receive email alerts of Ria Wallace’s latest articles from EzineArticles.com!

Email Address: